CoronaVirus – I’ve already booked
Corona is causing unprecedented and tricky times, but we are keeping calm and carrying on.
This information will help you if you’ve already booked with us..
Frequently asked questions…
I’ve already booked, what are my options to cancel/change/move my stay?
Please read points 1-5 below:
Read our cancellation policy here.
Read our full terms and conditions here.
- Please note: We are open and continuing with business as usual but we are not taking new bookings for stays in the lockdown period.
For any guests who are booked with us during an extended lock-down, this is the situation:
1. You can ask us to move the stay date (preferably within 2020).
2. Or you can ask for a refund. If this is the case, then we are asking for all our guests to pay a handling fee of no more than 10% of the total value of your booking. It is important that you understand that you do not have to pay this – but as a small business in the travel industry we are trying our best to keep our business alive and we would appreciate any support you can give us. For the guests whose bookings were during this first lockdown period, we had an overwhelming response of support from this requrest and have been very humbled by people’s kindness. Over 95% of people supported us with a voluntary payment and this has allowed us to keep paying our staff and keep the business on good ground until Government assistance comes through.
For all other booking times, dates and scenarios, please read here:
- 1. If your booking is after the lockdown period, and you have reasons that you cannot travel, that fit with the Public Health England Guidelines currently we believe that your travel insurance will pay out for your cancellation, so please stay safe and at home.
2. If you have booked your holiday prior to 13th March 2020 and paid a deposit only for your holiday you have 2 options:
a. You can cancel your holiday before your balance is due and get a refund of you holiday accommodation cost minus a £55 admin charge and our £35 non-refundable booking fee.
b. You can move the dates of your holiday to later in 2020. We are offering to move people for free, once. Moving people causes a lot of admin for us. If there is a price difference of more than you have paid, then you will need to pay that on changing the dates, if less we will refund you the difference. You can also move to a different house.
3. If you have booked your holiday before 13th March 2020, and paid in full, and your stay is after the lockdown period, then your holiday is booked and confirmed with us. We look forward to welcoming you on your New Forest Escape.
If you still do not want to come, these are your options:
a. Pls see point 2 above.
b. Or you can transfer your stay to another suitable group.
c. Or you can ask us to relet the booking for you. We may not be able to do this but we will try very hard. If we can relet the stay, you will get a refund of approximately 75-85% of the full amount. This percentage is a direct reflection of the new price that we sell the stay at. We may not be able to sell it at full price, and we will still take the commission due to us, from selling the booking. Please discuss this with us.
If you booked your holiday after the 13th March then we will have already phoned you and will:
a. move the dates of your holiday to later in 2020. We are offering to move people for free, once. Moving people causes a lot of admin for us. A second date change will cost £55. If there is a price difference of more than you have paid, then you will need to pay that on changing the dates, if less we will refund you the difference. You can also move to a different house.
b. Or you can ask for a full refund. If this is the case, then we are asking for all our guests to pay a handling fee of no more than 10% of the total value of your booking. It is important that you understand that you do not have to pay this – but as a small business in the travel industry we are trying our best to keep our business alive and we would appreciate any support you can give us.
5. I have booked and paid with Airbnb, HomeAway, Tripadvisor, or i-escape. What is my cancellation situation?
You must contact who you have booked with :
Airbnb, please check this page for their current advice – https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2701/coronavirus-information-and-extenuating-circumstances-policy.
You can call them on 0203 318 1111
How are we cleaning properties and linen before your stay?
We are following best practice advice given by The Centre for Disease Control methods. We already clean all the areas they suggest but will also extend our cleaning practice to include “an increased focus on cleaning ‘community’ areas (interior and exterior); TV controls, WIFI router, doorknobs, light switches, handles”, and the house keys and key box, for example.
We use New Forest Laundry and other local professional laundry services for all houses. Read our full Cleaning Guide here.
With immediate effect we have decided to not offer early checkins. Our teams need the full amount of time to prepare houses without rushing. That way we can clean to a very high standard, keeping you our teams safe fully prepared.
I want to come, but I’m worried about food shopping. Can you help?
All our houses supply the basics that you will need. You will need to bring your main food shop.
There are good supermarkets and local shops across the New Forest. At time of writing (17 March) there are toilet roll and hand sanitiser shortages across Britain, but most of the local supermarkets are being restocked daily with food.
We have also started a food shopping service. We can shop for you and drop it to your door.
I want information about the local hospitals.
Local hospitals are well regarded.
Southampton Hospital is excellent. https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/home.aspx
Bournemouth Hospital is also very good. www.rbch.nhs.uk
Lymington has a community hospital with a minor injuries A&E. https://www.southernhealth.nhs.uk/locations/lymington-new-forest-hospital/
Is it safe to travel?
Only you can decide this.
We would ask that you only come if you are not showing symptoms and have not been with other people who have Corona. If this is the case, please consult your travel insurance policy.
If you are safe to travel, then you’ll need to manage your virus exposure on the way to your holiday house. Once here, you’ll get a clean and appropriately disinfected house, a welcome pack to get you started for tea, and plenty of New Forest fresh air! Read below to find out more.
Is your office still working through the situation?
Yes. This is a business as usual situation for us (well not as usual) but we’re smiling and carrying on!
We will still be here to help you. There is a team of 5 of us who rotate our time and childcare so that we can work from home and help you. Our property management team are available from early morning to late at night.. You will get their contact details on arrival at the house. They are your first point of contact for any issues at the house. They will be able to help with local information and any challenges that you have.